- About Us
*Eligible programs or projects that can be funded should focus on at least one or more of the following:
(1) Women’s Economic Empowerment;
(2) Elimination of Violence Against Women and Girls;
(3) Women’s Coalitions for Change;
(4) Women’s Leadership and Decision-making; and
(5) Climate Justice and Humanitarian Action.
The minimum eligibility criteria for Fiji based women’s and feminist groups, organisations or networks include:
- must be governed and led by women, with women filling the majority of leadership positions (including equality of financial control mechanisms);
- have a clear commitment to gender equality and women’s empowerment;
- come from or have reach to remote, rural, or other marginalised groups;
- be open to working with diverse groups and issues regardless of ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, people living with disability; and
- have worked as a group for at least one year.
Other eligibility criteria include:
- self-identification i.e. they identify as women’s and feminist groups, networks or organisations;
- ability to manage funding and other support – either directly or through relationship to a third party. Direct grants will require an independent bank account controlled by women; and
- willingness and availability to participate in evaluation and training activities as appropriate to the size and type of grant
- women focussed projects managed by organisations that do not specifically focus on gender may occasionally receive support from the Women’s Fund Fiji if they work with particularly marginalised groups: for example, women within groups of people with disabilities or women within LGBTQI organisations.
Sustainability Grants: will open from June 2022; the EOIs are assessed in July, invitations to submit proposals sent in August, proposal assessment in September; selection completed in November.
Movement Building Grants: is open twice a year from June 2022 to May 2023. EOIs will be assessed in July 2022 and January 2023.
Resilience Grants: open throughout the year. We will be striving to respond to your request within 14 days of application. However, proposals in languages other than English may require additional time for translation.
Once a grant has been approved, the amount requested will be delivered within 10 days.